Friday, March 28, 2014

The Day That Was Ruined by Jigsaw World

Ever have one of those days where you don’t feel like doing anything but curling up in a ball and crying?
If you’re female I’m assuming you have. I’m assuming because I’d rather think it’s completely normal for a 26 year old woman to cry over freaking nothing every once in a while than to think I’m emotionally unstable or just plain losing my mind.

The only computer we own stopped letting me access my user profile. No warning. No options. Just User Profile Failed or something ominous like that. Annoying but no big deal. We can figure out how to fix it later and I’ll just use Chris’ blue and orange, Florida Gator splashed profile for the night.

Blogger won’t let me sign in using his profile because his security settings are too high. Ok. Adjust the security settings. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, right? Lie. I find the security and privacy settings but NO OPTIONS TO ADJUST THEM. Fantastic. I give up on blogging for the night and slam the laptop shut and heave it through the picture window in the living room letting it crash onto the cold ground below to be picked apart by birds that only feast on uncooperative hardware and the tears of its owners and watch Breaking Bad on Netflix.

I gripe at Chris when he gets home and tell him to just fix it and if he can’t fix it, wave the white flag and create a whole new user profile for me. Whatever. He does. I’m so agitated at this point I don’t even bother logging on. The next morning I log on to my new profile SUCCESSFULLY and start setting up shop and adding my go-to sites to my favorites bar and whatnot. I check blogger and it’s letting me log on and conduct my normal business. Yay. After checking blogger, per my usual every day of my life morning routine, I log onto facebook and click on the Jigsaw World game to play. What can I say. It’s therapeutic.

Instead of loading like it should, a warning pops up in its place saying this is not a trusted site. Ok. No problem. I’ll google how to get around it because of COURSE my Jigsaw World is a trusted site. I google and it tells me to click “allow exception” on the warning itself. Easy enough. Except that there is NO SUCH OPTION. It’s not there. Nowhere to be seen. I can’t fix the problem and I can’t play my jigsaw puzzle like I do every morning before I get ready to go to work. That does it. That's the straw that breaks the overly emotional camel's back. I have a little temper tantrum at the expense of my mouse and when Chris asks what’s wrong I cry.

And I cry while I’m putting my clothes on.
And I cry while fixing my makeup from crying.
And I cry on the way to work.

Am I really crying over a computer? I’m not real sure at this point.

 photo whats-wrong-with-me_zps859cfe0e.gif

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I have definitely had those days, though I rarely can move through the motions like getting dressed and fixing make-up. I much prefer to throw myself on the bed and refuse to move for as long as it takes. Always over something silly like Netflix not working or not having the right kind of granola bars. You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...I've had those days! Sometimes the smallest thing just triggers the floodgates and BOOM tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! omg I have these days most of the time when my period's coming up. I once cried how I can't fix my hair the way I want or if I can't eat a certain food I've been craving. haha. it makes me feel silly afterwards.

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God, do I hate those days, those are usually the ones when I just throw in the towel and go to bed. I hope the weekend was better for you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover