Monday, May 5, 2014

Last Week Day by Day

Last week was somewhat…eventful.

Sunday (4/27): I went to church with Mom and Dad per the usual and Chris met us for lunch. Afterward we went to Old Navy to buy his outfit for a wedding he was in this weekend. Naturally It came a monsoon on the way home. Long story short we hydroplaned down a hill and ran up on a curb on the way home. It happened so fast I didn’t have a whole lot of time to react but when I realized we would hit the curb I was afraid the car would flip like they do in movies. Spoiler alert: we didn’t flip. But we DID mess up the axle and the right front tire. Mom and Dad came to the rescue, we called a wrecker and there ya go. Not a fun afternoon. What’s funny (not funny haha) is that I BEGGED Chris to take the road we took so we wouldn’t have to drive the interstate in the rain. Go freakin’ figure.

Monday: We’d been hearing for days about a possible tornado outbreak in the area. I remained calm was fighting panic all day long. After work Chris and I quickly packed up everything we needed for the night, including two very unhappy cats in crates and headed for Mom and Dad’s house. They have a legit storm shelter. We ate dinner and gathered in the living room to watch Spann. There was one approaching storm that we were worried about the when it was about 20 minutes out Mom and Nana retreated to the storm shelter. Ten minutes later I followed. We listened to the radio and I tried to keep the kitties calm. Dixie was protesting her captivity quite vehemently at this point.

Dad is not one to panic. Not one to really even worry as far as I can tell. At least he doesn’t worry until it’s TIME to worry. So when he came downstairs with the rest of the family in tow I started to freak a little. When Spann said this particular rotating storm looked strong on radar, was headed straight for our neck of the woods and Dad made it a point to shut and LOCK the storm shelter door I completely lost it. Inconsolable. This is my worst nightmare. Then the power went out. Thankfully we still had the battery powered radio. After a few minutes that felt like forever we heard that it had turned and missed us. It narrowly missed my place of work by a few blocks. The power stayed out until the morning and I passed out on Mom and Dad’s couch for the night. We dodged another bullet but according to Spann the Man it wasn’t over yet…

Tuesday: I didn’t get to sleep until about 1 o’clock the night before (HIGHLY unusual for me) so I was in zombie mode. But I was honestly just happy that I still HAD a place to come into work. After all of the drama the night before we were due for ANOTHER round of severe weather this night. I felt like I was fighting nausea all day. I was exhausted, I couldn’t focus, and I was constantly on the verge of nervous tears. Another long story short: we went to Mom and Dad’s for a little while and the storms ended up dissipating thank the LORD.

Wednesday: It was the 10th anniversary of Mean Girls and I didn’t wear pink. Dangit.

Thursday: After hitching rides with Chris and Madre all week we got Chris’ car, affectionately named Tyrone back. And I got to drive my Rosie home from the mechanic. Such a good feeling. But the best part of the day? The taco salad from Speedy’s.

Friday: Yea, I got nothing.

Saturday: We drove a couple of hours to said wedding and it was a PERFECT day for lake side nuptials. Good times had by all and Chris looked super handsome in his western wear.
lake, pretty day, couple

After a pleasant Sunday yesterday here's to hoping a for a calm, drama free week this go round.
Happy Monday, friends.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Hope this week will be less dramatic! Storms are scary, I remember listening to the tornado sirens when I was kid and we lived in the Midwest. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this week will be a better week for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just tell you how glad I am that round 2 wasn't what they thought it was going to be!!!

    Hope you have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you certainly did have a crazy week. I'm so glad you dodged injuries from the car accident and the tornado. That sounds so freaking scary. Ugh. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you and your family are safe on all accounts!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover