Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Opposite of Jinx

What’s the opposite of a jinx called? Usually when someone “jinxes” something it’s negative.  Sort of a speak of the devil and he shall appear situation.
But what’s the OPPOSITE of that called? When you’re not expecting something good to happen but after you’ve mentioned it, it happens shortly there after. Does that make sense?

Whatever it’s called. I think I backwards “jinxed” us. When I wrote one of my most viewed posts ever, Why We Don’t Have Kids, I was newly pregnant and didn’t know it.

I’m pregnant. I’m PREGNANT! 11 weeks to be exact.
We had our 2nd doctor appointment yesterday and heard its quick little heartbeat.  My sentimental husband wanted to wait until today, our 12th dating anniversary, to announce it.


Sunday, May 4th, I had a hunch (well, a couple of hunches actually) and took a test on a whim. The last test I had in the drawer. Two pink lines. I can’t tell you what went through my mind. My heart rate skyrocketed. In an instant I thought baby, we have to replace the bathtub, the cats are going to be pissed, I’m going to get huge, can we afford it, I better sleep as much as possible starting today, how long will I be off work, how do I tell Chris, what if it’s twins, omg I’m going to have to push a human out, can I eat tuna, crap I had sushi for lunch, I'm going to be a MOM, I just bought four boxes of tuna, ect, ect….

I skipped right over the cute reveals you see on Pinterest because I just couldn’t stand to keep it from Chris for one more second. I cornered him in the kitchen while he was fixing the kitties’ water bowl. This was his reaction. It registers at about the 4 second mark:


I told you I had a slight hunch. For a few days I thought “hm…maybe” but didn’t get my hopes up. But Sunday was the first day that I thought this could be the real deal. I went to church that morning with Mom and Kaylen and was spacey through most of the service. It was week five of a six week sermon series called Four Cups. Pastor Chris was talking about finding our spiritual gifts and that we’re all born WITH one. He said God created us with a purpose in mind. He didn’t make us and then think “now what am I going to do with this one?” He had a purpose and made us FOR it.  He quoted Psalm 139:13: "You made all the delicate inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex!"
And I cried in my seat because I just knew.

I told you couple of weeks ago that I've been in a blog slump and maybe I'll have a lot to talk about soon...and I do! I'm SO glad to finally be able to talk about it here!

I said in my Why We Don’t Have Kids post that he or she will get here when or she gets here.
Jokes on me! He or she was already here!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Congrats. I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! As soon as I read the title on bloglovin I just knew that it had to be about that post! CONGRATULATIONS! That is so freakin' exciting :) Also, I love, love, love that you filmed that special moment- so sweet.
    Also, the first time I ever heard your voice which seemed weird considering how many of your posts I'd read- blogging is so weird sometimes!
    But seriously, Congratulations- this is so exciting, I love how everything all fell together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww,,
    congrats for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOHOOOOO! :) So happy for you guys! Such exciting news! Love the video! :)) You will be fantastic parents! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyssa!! I am over the moon for both you and Chris! I got so teary eyed at the video! MUCH MUCH MUCH love to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!!! Congrats girl!!! I love Chris's response!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! So excited for you guys! Chris's reaction is so adorable! You guys are going to be such great parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big Congratulations to you guys, such a blessing! Funny how you pregnant when you wrote that post, now i'm scared to write any kind of "kids" post lol. Thanks for sharing.

    -Rosy
    A Joyful Kind of Life

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover