Friday, June 27, 2014

Pregnancy Unicorn

Hello!
First, thank you so much for the outpouring of love we received Wednesday. It makes me feel so warm and blessed that people are excited for us!

The whole first month feels like it was more shock than anything else. Especially the first two weeks. We planned for this, I prayed for this, there are three sticks with big ole POSITIVE signs on them, but I still couldn’t believe it actually happened and there was something there.


I haven’t been sick. That makes me feel somewhat like a unicorn. I’ve felt bad and a little nauseous and my head has been spinny a few times but that’s about it. My theory is God took pity on me because He knows what a wuss I am. Most days I’m hungry and eating all day long. But then again there are days like yesterday where nothing sounds good and the only thing I want to eat is saltines. I’ve only had two real emotional outbursts. In one instance I threw a pregnancy magazine at the wall just because I didn’t like what it said. I’m really shocked my mood hasn’t been more like a rollercoaster given how emotional I am anyway! So I’ll take my two moments and be happy.

Aside from the days where I don’t feel so hot and the fatigue all. the. time. I feel pretty good!
I’m 12 weeks today and I have a just noticeable little pooch under the belly button so that’s pretty exciting. Every reflective surface I pass I look at it.

Chris is being amazing. He calls or text a few times a day just to see if I’m feeling ok. He’s always making sure I have everything I need or want and that I’m eating and staying hydrated. He’s been great helping in the house too doing dishes or laundry and even cooking since when I get home after six I don’t feel like doing jack. I’m ready to eat and crash on the couch watching Game of Thrones as soon as I walk in the door. Seeing how much Chris already loves him or her makes me love him even more. I didn’t think that was possible.

It feels soooo good to be able to talk about it on here finally! The first trimester has been pretty good to me and I can’t believe it’s almost over. Eight more weeks and we’ll be halfway through this pregnancy. WEIRD.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the congratulations since we announced. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again: my cup runneth over.

I've got a busy weekend coming up and my mind is running a million miles an hour. The bug guy is coming today so I'm cleaning this morning (nothing like the last minute), working tomorrow and Sunday I'll be doing laundry and packing for the beach Tuesday night!
Happy weekend, friends!

PS. In case you missed it, here’s the picture CHRIS used to announce our wonderful news. Haha. I laugh every time I see it.


post signature

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you!! That's amazing that you haven't been sick! Hopefully it'll stay that way for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sign he made. Also glad to hear you have been feeling fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign is awesome, also crazy that you're almost halfway already! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture! Aw, Chris sounds like he's really doing an amazing job of taking care of both of you. Glad to hear it's been fairly smooth sailing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Love his announcement! Hope your pregnancy continues so smoothly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover