Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Baby W Update - 15 1/2 Weeks

We had our monthly appointment and an ultrasound yesterday!  We told the technician right off the bat we didn't want to know the gender yet and that we had an envelope for her.  She turned off the monitor in front of us and looked for herself.  She said the very first thing she saw was the baby's legs spread wide open so there was NO guessing!  Chris was a little disturbed by this and now hopes it's a boy.
After she took some pictures and wrote down the gender she turned the screen back on for us.  It was awesome.  I had a pepsi on the way to the hospital and it really worked!  The baby was moving all over the place.  It was so surreal.  It doesn't seem like there's enough room in there for all that!  It actually looked like a baby.  Last time we saw it in May it looked like a butter bean.
After the ultrasound the doctor met with us and listened to the heart.  Baby has a good, strong heart beat and everything seems to be going swimmingly (so to speak).


I haven't really done any "bumpdates" and I'm ashamed that I haven't taken more pictures!  To look at me there really hasn't been many changes and I'm still waiting to get that nice, little round belly.  But here is the first official update!

Weight Gain: Five pounds.  I'm shocked it's not 10-15 with as much as I've been eating.

Clothes: Shirts are good but pants are getting a little snug around the middle! I’ve been doing the rubber band trick on my jeans to make them a little more comfortable.

Symptoms: Headaches. Sometimes I wake up with them and when you wake up with a headache those suckers stick around ALL DAY. Tylenol Extra Strength is pretty much useless against them.
Back pain.  Like a shooting pain in the lower left back that takes my breath away sometimes.  The doc said it was most likely the sciatic nerve and it's just par for the course and to use icy hot or ask about a chiropractor if it gets too painful.

Cravings: I FINALLY started craving something, ANYTHING healthy! One day lima beans smacked me in the face and I started wanting cooked veggies. Lima beans, black eyed peas, squash, okra. What I HAVEN’T been wanting is meat. That’s not usually like me. It’s not that the thought of it makes me sick or anything. I just…don’t want it. And then of course there’s Taco Bell…

Sleep: Sleep is getting more difficult at night. I’m ALWAYS tired but I toss and turn all night and wake up several times. And not even because I have to hit the bathroom. Quite frustrating.  Sleep is my favorite and I know once baby gets here that pretty much goes out the window.

Stretch Marks: Nope. If anyone has any good suggestions for stuff to rub on your belly and be proactive, shoot!

Missing: Almost daily tuna fish sandwiches (now it’s every couple of weeks), and coffee whenever I want (Doc said I could have two servings of caffeine a day but I’m being super safe about caffeine).

Nursery: Currently it's kind of the catch all room.  There's a treadmill, an old book shelf I use as a drying rack, and a few boxes of random stuff we don't use.  Currently it's powder blue (the same color as the guest room) and has a nice white chair rail.  After this weekend we can start cleaning it out and getting ready to decorate and (maybe) paint!

Stay tuned for gender predictions!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, have fun decorating the nursery! I feel so bad for you with the back pain, I've had a lot of issues with m y sciatic nerve over the years so I can't imagine how bad it is with a baby on top. Are you able to do any prenatal yoga? Yoga really helped with mine even when painkillers didn't. Tiger Balm is awesome as well.

    I don't know personally about the stretch marks, but I've heard that cocoa butter and argan oil (the more pure, the better) are both great for preventing those. Worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun decorating the nursery. My one friend is due in 8 weeks. which she couldn't eat meat do to she no long liked it. She would eat mac n cheese a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans, beans, the musical fruit!

    Anyway, glad to hear you have a healthy baby swimming around in there, and enjoy all the fantastic things each week brings! Along with the canklesand gas! HAHAHAHHAHA <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover