Monday, July 28, 2014

It Was Always Cooper

This weekend has been so overwhelming in such a good way.
Saturday evening with our immediate family and closest friends, we found out that we are having a BOY!!
We finally get our Cooper Timothy. The hypothetical baby we've been talking about for years is finally ours.

Kaylen, in three weeks, planned and executed a really awesome gender reveal party. She even hired a photographer to get pictures and I can't wait to share them with you when we get them! She thought of everything. There was an Old Wives Tales board. There were pink and blue ink pads so guests could make their thumbprint predictions. There were pink and blue clothes pins so they could wear their guesses. There were adorable pink and blue onesies strung across the picture window with a table full of, you guessed it, pink and blue treats and food.

I was nervous, excited, and WIRED all day long. I woke up at six and started deep cleaning the bedroom and bathroom at seven. Could NOT sit still. I was already anxious when the party started and FREAKED OUT when I saw our good family friend walk in with THE balloon. A black balloon filled with confetti that would tell us if we were having a son or daughter in January. And I was immensely relieved when Kaylen told me we were popping the balloon NOW before we ate. I didn't think I could handle it much longer. We all went outside and I held the balloon between two hands and Chris held the pin. I was about to cry or hyperventilate or both before he ever popped it. We were seconds away from a Cooper or a Lillian and I was cracking.


When Chris popped the balloon and blue confetti came EXPLODING out I screamed because I was SHOCKED! The closer we got to time, the more and more convinced I was it was girl. I was fully expecting pink confetti to go flying. My reaction in the video is one of genuine shock, awe, and JOY.  I would have been just as happy and excited if it was a girl; a Lillian to dress up and cover in pink.  But it's just natural that we should have a boy (this go round anyway).  If you can see, after the pop, Chris is asking me "what is it?!". He's colorblind and has a really hard time with pastel colors. He was the last to know! I will never forget the look on his face when I screamed IT'S A BOY!!! Just joy and tears.  It was one of the most exciting and happiest moments of my life thus far.   (I love how when the camera pans over you can see Mom and Kaylen hugging.) We were both walking on a cloud the rest of the night.
It was just always supposed to be Cooper.


Yesterday was a really good day. We got up, got an early lunch, and hit Buy Buy Baby to get some cocoa butter for me and to pick out Cooper's first onesie:


Clearly he will come into the world trendy.
We took our time walking around looking at everything, making a mental list or things we liked for later, and just kind of basking in it all.

I'm feeling so completely happy and blessed today. Blessed because we're getting Cooper and blessed because he's already so loved by people that love US.

So Chris is preparing to have a star quarterback/tennis pro/baseball great.
I'm preparing for him to be like me and not have an athletic or coordinated bone in his little body.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Aww, it's great to see you guys so happy! That onesie is adorable! And I love the video, you are so adorable! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love the black balloon confetti idea! People are getting so creative with their reveals these days. So so so so happy for you both, boys are SOOO much fun. Of course, I only speak as an Auntie so I get to give him back when he gets on my nerves.... Hahahaha. Jokes aside, what a great Monday post to read. I am over the moon for you and Chris, and Cooper's first onesie is awesome. He's gonna be a stylish little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!! I love the balloon idea...so cute!!! I have a nephew named Cooper...so I am pretty partial to the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I'm so happy for you. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyy! I think that will just be my standard comment until January :) That video is the cutest and I love that after all the anticipation Chris didn't know until you told him, poor fella! That onesie is adorable, can't wait to see the little guy who fills it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's a precious video of the revealing!! I love that mustache onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! What an awesome gender reveal party! I bet you're going to have so much fun shopping now--that onesie is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover