Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2014 Emmys - Good, Bad and Ugly

At seven o'clock Monday night we had eaten dinner, I had washed my face and put on PJs, and we were hunkered down on the couch with drinks, snacks and one cat to watch the three hour long Emmy Awards.
Some of my favorite moments were:
-Andy Samberg dressed as Joffery from GOT crashing Lena Headey’s presentation. It’s weird seeing her a) with short hair and b) smiling.
-Bryan Cranston making out with Julia Louis-Dreyfus. I’d love to know if she knew that was about to happen.
-Billy Crystal’s eulogy of Robin Williams. What a great selection of clips to show of him. And the footsteps at the end that faded to black OMG. Chris and I just sat smiling and crying at the same time.
-When Breaking Bad basically swept all the major drama categories!!  Walter White lives on!!

Now on to what really matters!

The Good:
good emmy fashion, best dressed
Taylor Schilling - Love this.  In a sea of pale colors hers stood out.  And her hair and makeup were perfect.  She looked like a star. // Sarah Hyland - So young and chic and a perfect color combo!  She's impressing me more and more on the red carpet. // Zooey Deschanel - I think this is the first time in three years she hasn't worn pale blue.  And she couldn't have picked a better color if she tried.
Honorable Mentions: Amy Poehler, Natalie Dormer, Lucy Liu, and Lizzy Caplan.

The Bad:
bad emmy fashion, worst dressed, 2014 emmys
Julie Bowen - I always look forward to seeing what she’s wearing but this one really disappointed me.  It’s too casual for my taste and the print is odd. // Mayim Bialik – I like this girl a lot but everything about this aged her, from the cut to the hair to the necklace.  The color is stunning but I’ve seen her do far better. // Julia Roberts – Loved it…until I saw it from the waist down. Get a long gown, hold your shoulders back and dress like the movie star you are.

The Ugly:
Ugly Emmy Fashion, Worst Dressed, Emmys 2014
Yael Stone – Just wrong on different levels and super tacky. // Betsy Brandt – Her hair and makeup are spot and it’s definitely an improvement from last year…but that print put her right back on the Ugly list. // Lena Dunham – I can’t tell if she’s not trying at all or if she’s trying too hard.  I can appreciate some pink ombre feathers, but this is a joke.

What did you think of the Emmy fashion?  Who were some of your favorites?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Lizzy Caplan was prob my favorite. I still always think of her as Janice from Mean Girls, so it's hard to remember how truly stunning she is! Loved Sarah Hyland, and as much as I hate to admit it, Halle Berry. She's just friggen stunning…. annoys the hell out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you about Mayim. It's like her head was photoshopped on an older woman's body...weird. And I don't understand why Julia went with such a short dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mayim Bialik looks fabulous in that color. The dress sadly isn't as fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover