Thursday, August 21, 2014

Baby W Update - 20 Weeks

We're halfway through this entire pregnancy and I seriously can't believe it.  The first half flew by and I'm wondering if the second half will go as quick.  I'm anxious to meet CT but I'm actually enjoying being pregnant so I'm definitely not wishing away the weeks.  I'm soaking it up like a sponge and enjoying all the alone time I get with Chris.  Not to mention all the family time before our family changes forever and going to church, or lunch or spontaneous dinners out are a big to do.

Tuesday morning we had our monthly appointment with a more in depth ultrasound to actually measure and make sure everything is forming and growing on track.  I was more than a little nervous about this one.  Everything has gone SO smoothly with this pregnancy and I’m just terrified that the carpet is going to get ripped out from under me at some point.  Ye of little faith.  Cooper is physically perfect thus far.  No indication of anything to be worried about.  It felt so nice to hear the doctor say that!  We had a good, long ultrasound and got to see him move and wiggle and see his little heartbeat.  The technician said it looks like he might be a thumb sucker.

babies, ultrasounds, preggo

Weight Gain: 4 lbs since our appointment last month and 9 lbs total.  Pretty much on track.

Clothes: Still hanging on to non-maternity pants!  The belly band I got from Buy Buy Baby is a life saver.  When I’m not wearing my pre-maternity jeans, I’m in dresses, skirts or leggings.  Shirts aren’t an issue yet.  If they’re a little tight they just make me look that much more pregnant which is fine with me.

Symptoms: Really the only thing is I feel like I have to pee all the time.  I didn’t get that in the first trimester but it’s caught up with me now.  And the lower back pain I talked about just went away like it never happened.

Movement: Yes!  I can feel him!  The first couple of times it happened I wasn’t sure it was him.  It feels like little bubbles bursting or little nudges.  And I thought it was too soon but I SWEAR I’ve felt him from the outside with my hands on my belly at least twice.  Chris hasn’t felt it yet.  (He’s not real sure he wants to.  He thinks it’s freaky.)

Cravings: DRINKS.  I haven’t craved any particular food in a while but I HAVE been wanting Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper and sweet tea (especially from McDonalds).  Basically all drinks you’re not supposed to have a lot of.

Sleep: Meh.  I’m ready to drop when I get home and I’m asleep when my head hits the pillow but it doesn’t stay that way for long.  I usually wake up every hour or every couple of hours.  It’s a successful night if I only wake up once.

Stretch Marks: So far so good!  I bought some cheap cream stuff first but had to get rid of it since I was allergic to the vitamin E in it.  It had “Contains Vitamin E” right smack on the front label and like an idiot I didn’t read.  BUT the subsequent rash went away and I’ve been using this stretch mark butter that I LOVE.  It smell heavenly.  That cats HATE the smell but that’s their problem.  I’ve heard stretch marks are mostly genetic but I figure using some good stuff can’t hurt.
[Note to self: Ask Mom if she had stretch marks when she was pregnant.]

Missing: Absolutely nothing.  I have caffeine usually once a day.  If I want shrimp or tuna I have it once every one or two weeks.  I already didn’t drink enough to say grace over.  Not much to miss to be honest.

Nursery:  Just don’t ask.  It looks amazing on my pinterest board though!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! Sending you lots of good wishes for the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Alyssa, how stinking cute are you?!?!?!?!?!? You're glowing, and I'm very happy for you and Chris! Glad thus far you have had an uneventful pregnancy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear everything is going well. Your baby bump is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover