Monday, September 8, 2014

A Day in the Life of Alyssa

I'm kind of obsessed with knowing how some of my favorite bloggers' normal days go and I like getting a peek into their everyday lives. I realize that's slightly creeperish but whatever. I thought in case anyone was curious (and you know you are because clearly my everyday life is very exciting) I would give you a glimpse into an average day in Alyssa Land.
The particular day I documented was Thursday, September 4th. A random day of the week when nothing is happening.

5:25 AM - Alarm goes off and I leap out of bed ready to conquer the world hit the snooze button.
5:30 AM - Alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button.
5:35 AM - ...Alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button.
5:40 AM - Alarm goes off and I actually get out of bed.

I get showered and sit in the bedroom floor in front of my full length mirror to do my make-up and hair. (I used to do it standing at the bathroom vanity but after I got pregnant I didn't feel like standing up that long after being in the hot shower.)  I get dressed, maybe do some laundry or start a load of dishes in the washer, kiss Chris goodbye when he leaves, get my food supply ready for the day, feed the kitties and head out.


I get to work usually no later than 7:45.  I work at a hunting/fishing/firearms store and get to call in forms for people who want to purchase a gun.  And I answer the phone.  A LOT.  I eat lunch at my desk around 1 every day but here lately I'm snacking on something pretty much all day. 

I leave work at 6 and either head straight home when Chris cooks or run into town to grab something for dinner.  This particular Thursday was Chinese night.  We plop down on the couch together and eat while we watch Jimmy Fallon.  After Fallon we clean up from dinner, I might do another load of laundry or dishes if need be, I take my makeup off and change into PJ's, and we settle in with the cats and one of our favorite shows.  Usually.  Chris threw a wrench at me this night when he told me this particular night there would be no shows because it was NFL kickoff night.  Very well.  When there's something on TV he wants to watch that I don't (like wrestling every Monday night), I get comfy under his very old WWF blanket on my end of the couch and read a book or magazine.  Chris hates being by himself and likes it when we're in the same room even if we're not doing the same thing.  When I start to doze, usually around 9, I (wait for it) go to bed.


And that's my average day!  I hope you enjoyed that little glimpse into my very exciting life.
Come January this whole schedule will be thrown completely out of whack for the next 18 years so I'm soaking up the easiness of it until then!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love posts like this one! I've started a few of these, but I've never finished one. Maybe I should...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read about your life Alyssa. :) The best part is, you get to spend it with someone special

    http://thewallflowersecrets.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover