Monday, September 29, 2014

A Word from Dixie - This Might Not Be a Bad Thing

calico, cat, dixie, green eyes

The jig is up. We know Mama and Daddy are having a “baby”. Gus is pissed. I don’t even think he knows what a “baby” is, he’s just upset Mama is so happy about something other than him.

To be honest I’m not sure either.
I know it’s small. Mama can’t fit into ANY of those little outfits she’s been bringing home.  I'm wondering if she realizes she's gained weight recently.  She's been going through brownies like I go through wet food.
I know it requires a lot of STUFF. The bedroom at the end of the hall that we usually don’t see into is full of…well, STUFF. What is a diaper and why are there so many?
I THINK it makes noise. Daddy keeps saying our “quiet, peaceful lives” are about to change.
I know it gets its own room. This kind of miffs me. Since we’ve been with the parentals we’ve NEVER had a whole room to ourselves.
I know it smells good. Mama brought home a “handmedown” from a former baby and it actually smelled pretty sweet.

Gus is freaking out because that’s just what Gus does. I told him this might not be a bad thing. And it surely isn't the end of the world like he's making it out to be. Such a drama queen...
Anywho, enough about the “baby”.

In other more important news:
-I finally found the squeaker on a string. Mama hid it deep under the covers of the bed. Not sure why she would do that.
-Yesterday we saw a dog walk through the front yard. I kept a watchful eye until the miscreant was out of sight. Gus called the authorities and is talking about posting flyers in the neighborhood to remind everyone of the leash law in this city.
-Mama has decided that I, like Gus, need a middle name. She's pushing for Priscilla. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Happy Monday, human blog readers.

cat, calico, green eyes

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Aww, Dixie, you are the sweetest! Everything will be fine. I am sure Gus will realize that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Dixie....You will come to love this New addition to your family and also realize that your mom and dad have more than enough love for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the line about going through wet food. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dixie I'm sure gus with come around. You will both love the baby once it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I'm cracking up! Poor fuzzies don't know what's coming! Dixie has beautiful coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, Dixie...I'm sure you and Gus will both be fine! Good luck with that miscreant dog. We have those here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! Don't worry, Dixie, you won't be forgotten :) You'll just have a new friend to play with!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover