Thursday, September 18, 2014

Baby W Update - 24 Weeks

We had our monthly appointment Tuesday and we are 24 weeks TOMORROW.  I can’t believe how fast this is going by. And so far I’m loving every minute of it. Ok, maybe not the couple of times I had heartburn. The first time I experienced it I was at the mall with Kaylen. It wasn’t terrible but I got it again Sunday while lying in bed trying to take an afternoon nap. THAT was uncomfortable.

Chris is being so awesome. He’s really and truly worried I’m going to fall down the stairs. He asked me on the way to our appointment if I ALWAYS use a hand rail. He said he knows how clumsy I am pregnancy aside…and I couldn’t really argue. If he’s this protective of me I wonder how he'll be with Cooper. I truly can’t wait to see this guy I’ve known since he was 15 as a DAD…with an actual BABY.

And can I just say I’m actually digging this new round shape? I wasn’t sure how I would feel when I started to expand but I love it. Sometimes being pregnant feels so foreign and weird and I just can’t believe I really am. But then at the same time it feels…natural.

baby bump, toes, hardwood floor
insta
Weight Gain: On the doctor’s scale (I don’t have one at home) I was 138. Up 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight of 125. Weight gain seems to be nice and gradual.

Clothes: It’s about time for actual maternity pants. The belly band can only do so much. As a matter of fact some of my shirts just aren’t going to cut it for much longer either…

Symptoms: Heaviness. Right in the belly. That’s probably a duh but it’s a strange feeling when I stand up and feel like I’m carrying a 15 pound weight around my middle.

Movement: YES and lots of it! I’ve even SEEN him and THAT is weird and thrilling at the same time. Chris has even felt him a couple of times! He wasn’t sure how he’d feel about it. He thought it would be completely creepy. One night while lounging on the couch he started moving up a storm and I finally talked him into trying to feel. He kicked once and Chris’ eyes got as big as saucers. Cooper kicked again and Chris jerked his hand away and went “Ahhh!!”. Then he put his hand right back on my belly to try and feel again and teared up soon after.  Quite emotional, that one.  But he still says he does NOT want to SEE my belly move.

Cravings: Nothing in particular. I’m just eating anything and everything that doesn’t eat me first. I’ve been drinking sweet tea like a crazy person lately though. And in the past couple of weeks I’ve been wanting more coffee (decaf of course) when I wasn’t drinking it at all from the time I got pregnant.

Sleep: Still kind of sucks. I’ve started sleeping with a pillow between my legs and under my stomach and it’s more comfortable than without. And I’m STILL waking up every hour or two. I have to wonder if it’s my body subconsciously getting me ready for what’s to come.

Stretch Marks: Still good and still using my body butter religiously. I asked Mom if she had stretch marks with Kaylen or I and she only had a couple that went away soon after birth. So that’s promising.

Missing: The good sleep. I would have liked to stock up on that!

Nursery: We have paint samples on the wall! Four shades of navy. The room isn’t very big and there’s only one tall window so I’m going to lighten it up with white furniture and curtains. This is where the idea came from. I just love how boy the navy is and I think it will grow nicely with him.

navy nursery, boy nursery, navy and gold nursery
source
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading these updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeze, I cannot believe you are already 24weeks! Time is flying.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover