Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Why My Weekend was Awesome - Bama vs West Virginia and Baby Registering


-Like I told you, Saturday the whole family (besides Chris) drove to Atlanta for Alabama’s first game of the season against West Virginia. I was particularly excited because the game was held at the Georgia Dome and I’d never been in a dome stadium before. I got up earlier than I do on the days I work and the fam picked me up a few minutes after seven. I slept all the way over (it’s only about a two and a half hour drive) and I felt rested by the time we got there. We took the Marta into the city and came out right across the street from the stadium. We piddled for a few hours, got to see the team arrive and do a walk through, and finally went to our seats about an hour before kick off. Seeing the dome the first time was amazing. SO tall and people were actually walking on cat walks at the very top of the ceiling! It made my stomach do flips just watching them. After walking around so much beforehand I was really just happy to get settled into my seat, which to my happy surprise was NOT a bench seat even though we were in the top section. Fold-out seats with actual arms and actual curved backs. Ahh. Bliss.


Alabama played so-so (in my humble, non-sports analyst opinion) but still beat West Virginia 33-23. Not only were they a very worthy opponent, they had a spectacular band and half time show. It turns out they must’ve recycled a show from a few years ago and I’m SO glad they did. This was really something neat to see! I love half time shows where the band forms shapes and makes them move. I was clapping like an idiot through the whole thing.


After the game we made our way back to the car via the Marta with a MOB of people. The ride TO the stadium was smooth sailing on calm seas. The ride back was a different story. Standing room only of course and omg so bumpy. Toward the end we switched tracks and it was so rough and scared me so bad I actually dropped a bomb in front of my parents. Remember the scene in A Christmas Story where little Ralphie loses the lugs in the snow and says “fudge”…only he doesn’t say “fudge”?
There ya go.
Anywho. After getting to the car we stopped at McDonalds for something to eat a few towns over and got stuck in a storm. I mean, naturally we’d get stuck in McDonalds. Eventually we left and I slept the rest of the way home.

It was SUCH a fun day. A super long, tiring day but so much fun and I’m glad I went.

-Sunday I was EXHAUSTED. Actually exhausted doesn’t even begin to cover it. I was tired and achey and hardly got out of bed. I had a new pain in my upper right side that came and went all day and I was just…uncomfortable. I think I felt every ounce of the extra ten pounds I’m carrying. I’ve had it pretty easy and I couldn’t help but wonder if that’s how some pregnant women feel all the time. Bless their hearts if it is, because it’s kind of miserable! So I did nothing all day long except watch a movie, read a book and nap at least twice.  I think some days that's just what you need.

-We used our extra day off Monday to go register for baby stuff! Kaylen, Mom, and Daniel went with us. We got lunch at Baumhower’s and then basically let Mom and K drag us around the baby store and point things out. We had ZERO clue of what to zap. Like…what is a gel pad and why do I need it? After reading the description on the box Kaylen goes “….ew”. [I typed that with Jimmy Fallon’s voice in mind. More proof that we watch too much TV.]  It was all slightly overwhelming actually seeing on a list everything we need. But at the same time it made me anxious for Cooper to get here! I can’t wait to get him in that little baby bath tub for the first time or put him in those adorable little baby beanies. As overwhelming as it all was, we had fun with those three and I’m so glad they went with us.

I hope you had as much fun on your Labor Day weekend as I did! If you blogged it feel free to leave a link in the comments. I’d love to read about it!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love Baumhowers' fried wickles and ooey gooey cheese fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure thrilled with our performance this weekend either, I am hoping it was just a few first game nerves! Isn't that just like a Bama fan to win and still complain? Hehe!

    Marta after an event is the last place I want to be. So many people. So smelly. So....scary!

    Mmmmm Baumhower's!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover