Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Going to Gatlinburg and Getting Our Wish

Tomorrow after work we are headed to Gatlinburg (aka. my favorite place in the world)! Every time we visit I think, “…I could live here.” We’re all packed (mostly), the weather is shaping up to give us snow, and I’m so looking forward to a couple of days with the family strolling along the parkway and EATING ALL THE THINGS!

On my to-do list is:
-buy CT a Gatlinburg onesie
-hit up the magnet store for some to add to my cabinet at work
-get a free fudge sample EVERY SINGLE TIME I PASS A FUDGE SHOP
-take our traditional chair lift photo
-visit the Celtic shop
-eat some divinity
-walk along River Road

Last year when we went in November, we stopped at a huge outdoor store on our way out. The place reminded me of a Bass Pro Shop with multiple levels and waterfalls and streams and what not. I love to toss pennies into fountains and make wishes. On the second floor I asked Chris for change to toss into the pool below. He got out a nickel (or maybe even a dime, I can’t recall) and said, “Let’s make a wish together. I won’t say it and you won’t say it but we’ll drop it together.” We held the coin together over the railing, paused long enough to close our eyes and make our wish, and dropped it.
Six months later we got our wish! And a year later our wish will be accompanying us back to Gatlinburg. He has to. He’s kind of attached.


Later, friends!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, very sweet! I hope the 3 of you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip. I hope you can find everything you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover