Monday, November 17, 2014

Baby W Update - 32.3 Weeks

My weekend didn't exactly start off as planned.
Thursday night/Friday morning I woke up sick and dizzy a couple of times and like I've said, I haven't been sick during this pregnancy.  When Chris woke up and realized I was still in the bed he called my paramedic dad to come over and check my blood pressure.  It was fine.  I really figured it was the chinese we ate the night before but I called the doctor just to be safe.  She asked me to come in and get checked out and that was NOT what I was expecting to hear.  So we went and I got checked all over and they checked my cervix (which was interesting) to make sure this wasn't a sign of early labor.  Spoiler alert: it wasn't.  We DID get an extra ultrasound but Cooper was being camera shy and the best shot we got was of his foot.  And what a cute foot it is...

So I spent Friday up until about 3:30 drinking sprite in between naps unit we went out to eat for baby daddy's birthday.

We are into single digits as far as weeks go! Seems like yesterday I was screaming, “we’re almost halfway through!” and now look. Very close to the END. Hard to believe.
Before the excitement Friday, we had our regular appointment (every two weeks now) Tuesday. Once we got into the room we noticed we had been waiting longer than usual. The nurse popped her head in and said our doctor had to run downstairs and perform “a couple emergency surgeries”. I didn’t mind in the slightest. I laid down on the exam table with the heating pad and dozed for a good hour. It was heaven after a bad night of sleep. Thank you, Lord, for small favors.
Anyway…
Everything is still right on track with little man. The doctor said I’m measuring well if not slightly smaller than average. She guesstimated he’d be 7 lbs tops. Thank you, Jesus! I sincerely hope she’s right about that.  Friday she said he's very low (which explains having to hit the restroom every hour or so) and he's already assumed position to be born, which FREAKS me out.  He does still have room and time to flip around and then back again but he might very well stay in this position until go time.
I finally took the belly ring completely out about three weeks ago. Sooo much more comfortable. Should’ve done it weeks before that to be honest. Not gonna lie, it looks funny. My belly button is almost completely flat, which freaks Chris out. (But then again, lots of pregnancy related things freak the boy out.)
Bending over is pretty much a no-go at this point. When we played putt-putt in Gatlinburg, whenever I sunk one someone had to pick up my golf ball for me. Haha. I shaved my legs the other day for the first time in a while (don’t you dare judge me) with no stool or step to prop up on in the shower and that was a mistake. I’m at the point now where I spend more time being uncomfortable rather than comfortable.
But with all that, I’m STILL loving being pregnant.

Weight Gain: To my amazement I only gained one pound since the last visit so I'm up exactly 20 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight.

Clothes: Almost all maternity now. Unless it’s just a really roomy shirt. Mom bought me a couple more shirts (one of which will look fabulous around the holidays) and another pair of skinnies. I might buy a couple of long sleeve shirts for winter but other than that, I really don’t know if I’ll buy anymore maternity clothes!

Symptoms: The newest thing is muscle cramps. Good grief. It feels like I’ve pulled a muscle and it comes out of freakin’ nowhere. I was sitting eating the other night and pulled a muscle where my neck meets my shoulder. And the other is in my inner thigh. THAT ones hurts.
The back pain I was experiencing earlier in the pregnancy has returned with what seems like a vengeance. I can feel it when I walk, lift my left leg, shift weight and heaven help if I turn around too fast.

Movement: Lots and lots and big movements. It’s nothing to look down and see my belly roll from one side to the other. I love poking around and being able to feel exactly where he’s at. I think after he's made his arrival I'm going to MISS feeling him move.

Cravings: I really and truly thought I would be one of these women that crave strange things I’ve never cared for before. But really I just want chocolate! Lately it’s been those chocolate snack cakes with the filling and the little white squiggly on top. Yum. But I'll settle for chocolate chip cookies, ice cream sandwiches, chocolate milk, chocolate muffins. You get the idea.

Sleep: Sucks major.

Stretch Marks: Still good. God bless good genes and body butter.

Missing: Nothing lately really besides sleep.

Nursery: The crib and dresser are together! I'm in love with the crib. It's perfect. The closet has new shelves ready to be filled with little clothes.  Now I can finally start decorating and actually getting it together for him. I hope it looks as nice and cozy in real life as it does in my head...

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is okay! Sorry to hear you were feeling so yucky.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover