Monday, December 22, 2014

Why My BIRTHDAY Weekend was Awesome


-Saturday marked my 27th orbit around the sun. And good grief it got here fast. If you had told me last year at my 26th birthday lunch while blowing out my candle that I'd be a whopping 37 weeks pregnant at my NEXT birthday I don't know if I would have believed you. But here we are! My nearest and dearest spoiled me per the usual and we had lunch at Firebirds. Instead of cake I got a piece of some of the best cheesecake I've ever had with a candle. Perfection. Chris got me the book I've been wanting! Dorothy Must Die. I can't wait to get into that one.

-After lunch we went to the mall and piddled while Kaylen got her last Christmas gift.  The mall the Saturday before Christmas makes for EXCELLENT people watching.  AND I got the coke icee I've been craving.  For the win.

-THEN after killing time at the mall, Chris and I along with the parents and grandparents went to church for their annual Christmas program.  It did not disappoint.  Everyone on the stage is so talented and you can tell they've been putting things together and practicing for months.  We also got to see the brand new traditional sanctuary the church has been building for the past year. and take communion in it together as a family.  THEN after church we had dinner at McAllister's.  After that full day I crashed and crashed hard as soon as we got home.

-Yesterday was No Shower Sunday.  But that doesn't mean I didn't leave the house.  No no.  I got up, brushed my teeth, put my hair in a sloppy ponytail, threw on some concealer and mascara and hit up Target.  Because where else would you be at 8:30 on No Shower Sunday.  I got the rest of what I need for my hospital bag, including but not limited to some ginormous feminine products.  Sorry for the TMI but #joysofbirth from what I've been told.

-I got a good nap in with the kitties that afternoon (naps are my favorite) and piddled around and watched the first half of Titanic while packing my bag and at dinner time Chris and I went to Applebee's.  HE had been craving one of their burgers.  Go figure.  While the waiter was taking our order it hit me that I had an Applebee's gift card!  Chris actually high-fived me.

-After dinner we came back home and watched Sin City: A Dame to Kill For since we watched the first one Friday night.  It was just...meh.  We thought it lacked the wow factor of the first.  But anyway...

So I had a pretty perfect birthday weekend.  Perfect for me anyway.  No need for big extravaganzas, or parties, or an actual cake for that matter.  Just a nice couple of days with the people I love that I know love me just as much.

On a side note, I can't believe Christmas is THURSDAY!!!  Tonight I'm joining the family for our yearly trip to the theater to watch Christmas Vacation!
For my faithful Ten on Tuesday participants, I'm going to go ahead and call it and say don't expect Ten on Tuesday to be up and running this week.  Enjoy your Christmas festivities! 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy belated birthday! Naps with the kitties are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday! Glad to see it was a great one!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover