Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Return to Normalcy?

Hello, all.
This blog sure has taken a back seat to something. What was it again?  Oh yeah. The little human I made that is completely dependent on me.


That little human will be eight weeks old Thursday. Unbelievable.  He loves to be talked to and one of my favorite things in the world is when he smiles at me.  I dropped him off today for his second half day of daycare.  More for my benefit than his.  This way I'll get sort of used to it and maybe I won't be a wreck when I go back to work next week.  The house seems oddly quiet sitting here by myself with the cats.  (They are LOVING this temporary quiet by the way and they are still quite perturbed about having their lives turned upside down.)

Like I said, I go back to work full-time next week.  Part of me is anxious to get back into a routine and resume some sense of normalcy (and wear makeup and real clothes).  Then part of me just wishes I could stay home with him and not let someone else feed him, change him, soothe him and see those smiles.  The sweet ladies in the nursery gave me a tissue and a "bless your heart" yesterday when I cried dropping him off.  Being a mom is hard.  You know it's going to be hard.  You just don't know it's going to be hard.
Maybe more on that later.

For now I'm going to do some laundry, clean, (it's amazing how little you get done with an infant in the house), and maybe work a jigsaw puzzle of two.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. He is such a cute little baby! Enjoy the time while you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I can't believe it has been eight weeks already?! Good luck and best wishes for next week! I cry when I drop my dogs off to get boarded...I cant imagine dropping my child off to someone else! It has to happen eventually but so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's been so long already! I'm sure the time has just flown by. It's going to be hard to go back to work, but I guess it has to happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. He gets more handsome with each picture you post. I hope the transition back to work goes smoothly. Don't forget waterproof mascara for those first few times you drop him off! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture! Sending you lots of love to get through this week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover