Friday, April 24, 2015

Currently

Happy Friday, yall! I’ve got to tell you I was stupidly excited this past week when I saw that Helene featured my photo (below) from the April Instagram challenge on her blog! Week. Made.

Here’s what’s currently going on in Alyssa Land:

Instagram
Watching: I got back into House of Cards a few weeks ago. Over a year ago Chris and I watched the first episode. We weren’t into to it so we didn’t pick it back up but my dad started binging on it and said it gets SO much better. I’m glad I started it again! Even though he’s pretty heartless, I love Frank. The perfect anti-hero. And Claire is just as bad! They sit at home and talk about affairs they’re having to get ahead in whatever venture they’re in like it’s nothing. They’re awful but I still like them! And holy crap the moment I didn’t see coming was when Zoey met her end. I mean, I knew she was a goner because she knew too much but good grief. Overkill, Frank. When I left off last was when the president let him know he was on to him. I think it’s about to get even more interesting!

Reading: Dorothy Must Die. Chris bought it for me for my birthday in December but I’m just now getting back into it. My life got a little too busy to read for a while. Can’t imagine why… But now that we’ve fallen into a nice little routine I’m hoping I can get back to reading more again. So far it’s a pretty cool read. Dorothy came back to Oz and let power get to her head and now everything is backwards. A girl from a trailer park in Kansas landed there via tornado and she’s going to restore order. A new character we just met is a goth, potty mouth munchkin. No lie.

Thinking About: Getting ready to transition Cooper to his crib. He’s been sleeping in his rock n’ play by the bed or in his swing in the living room. He’s been doing so well only waking up once in the night to eat that I’m scared to change anything! I was trying to leave the rock n’ play OFF so he could get used to not being in motion. But I got back in the habit of leaving it on just because he does so well with it. And I kind of like having him within arm’s reach! Maybe this weekend we can try laying him down in his crib when he falls asleep after his last feeding.
Speaking of this weekend, we’re in the middle of tornado season and we might get rough weather twice in the next few days. Ugh. If you’ve been around for any length of time you know I don’t do well with severe weather. Cooper and I might be spending a couple of nights at Nanny and Poppie’s house in case we need quick access to their storm shelter!

Looking forward to: Our anniversary next week, purging my house of STUFF and having a yard sale with Kaylen on the next pretty Saturday, a LONG Memorial Day weekend, our beach trip for the 4th of July.

Loving: lavender (the color and the oil), wearing open shirts over tanks, having my nails painted, Helene’s Instagram challenge, Cooper sleeping more at night, my morning hazelnut coffee, strawberry jello, my happy baby in the morning.

Have a FABULOUS weekend.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love posts like this. I should do one. :) I'm so glad things are going well with Cooper. Good luck with the crib! When I heard about severe weather coming to the south, I immediately thought of you. :) I don't do well with severe weather either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you all are doing well :) That's such a pretty photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Dorothy Must Die! I really enjoyed it in the beginning... but then I started to feel like it drug on. I have a half-way written rant/post on it that I need to finish eventually lol.

    And I'm glad I'm not the only one who freaks out about the weather and goes to stay with relatives! I have already been making plans to go stay with our grandparents so we can have access to their storm shelter too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wishie picture! (Am I the only one who calls them 'wishies?') Good luck transitioning the little man to the crib. Hope it goes well. Also, sending prayers that you dont get scary, nasty crazy tornadoes! Stay safe! <3

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover