Thursday, April 9, 2015

I Was the Kind of Kid Who...


I was the kind of kid who named every pet she ever had after Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.

I was the kind of kid who just assumed she would never get married but would instead live in a house with seventeen cats.

I was the kind of kid who started and ended every day of her life with a glass of NesQuik.

I was the kind of kid who would have worn a used trash bag if it had Limited Too written across the front.

I was the kind of kid who cried the entire first week of school through second grade.

I was the kind of kid who brushed her teeth with water only for as long as she could get away with it because she disliked toothpaste so much.

I was the kind of kid who owned more than one Barbie sweatshirt.

I was the kind of kid who wanted more than anything to be one of the pretty girls.

I was the kind of kid who didn’t have an athletic bone in her body but attended the Young Authors Conference every single year.

I was the kind of kid who faked sick more times than she could count because she hated school so much.

I was the kind of kid who wore long nightgowns and pretended they were evening dresses.

I was the kind of kid who wanted to go to Space Camp.
The Daily Tay

Please excuse me while I google to see if anyone makes anything similar to that neon purple pleather jacket I had from Limited Too.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I pretended long nightgowns were evening dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I so had glamour shots in that same purple outfit and hat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the "limited too" reference. I loved that store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to fake sick too.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I always wanted to go to Space Camp!! The one that was a prize on Double Dare!!! Looked like such fun. I can't stop laughing at your Glamour Shot, sooooooo freaking funny. My sister did one with a hat on, too! I instead opted for a feather boa. LOL. NesQuik powder or syrup? When I was about 12, my sister's friend worked at Limited Too, and my friend and I got to be "models" during busy shopping times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh limited too. I wasn't allowed to buy clothes from there...too expensive. :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover