Thursday, May 14, 2015

2015 Met Gala - My Picks


I’m late to the party but I couldn’t NOT do a Met Gala post. I LOVE Met Gala fashion. It’s a chance to take a big step out of the box and wear something risky, avant garde, dramatic, or just weird. The theme this year was China: Through the Looking Glass. A lot of celebs really ran with the theme and I’m so glad they did. Here are some of my favorites.

Anne Hathaway, Ralph Lauren, Met Gala 2015, red carpet
 Anne Hathaway in Ralph Lauren: Loved this the minute I saw it.
It’s so simple and yet striking. Love the metallic gold AND the hood!

 Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein: I was surprised that I liked this so much!
I thought it was a subtle nod to the theme and the color is gorgeous on her.

Diane Kruger, Met Gala 2015, red carpet, Chanel
 Diane Kruger in Chanel Haute Couture: My favorite girl never disappoints me.
She makes something so odd look so chic.

Emma Roberts, Ralph Lauren, red carpet, Met Gala 2015
 Emma Roberts in Ralph Lauren: Again with the green! It’s simple but dramatic.

Bee Shaffer, Met Gala, Alexander McQueen, red carpet
 Bee Shaffer in Alexander McQueen: Possibly my favorite from the night.
Gorgeous cut and color and love the blossom detail.

Kate Hudson, Michael Kors, red carpet, met gala
 Kate Hudson in Michael Kors: Girl can’t wear a bad dress lately. 
 
Karen Elson, Met Gala, red carpet
Karen Elson: Well, hello! She went literal with the theme and I couldn’t love it more.
Red tulle, headdress and all!
You can only do this at the Met Gala!!

Elizabeth Banks, Michael Kors, Met Gala, Red carpet
 Elizabeth Banks in Michael Kors: An unexpected color!
Love this on her.

Poppy Delevigne, Met Gala 2015, Marchesa, red carpet
 Poppy Delevigne in Marchesa: Love the champagne color and the romance of it.

Hailee Steinfeld, Met Gala 2015, red carpet
 Hailee Steinfeld: She looks so classy and age appropriate.
And I love the bracelets on each wrist.

Fan Bingbing, Met Gala 2015, Red Carpet, avant garde,
 Fan Bingbing: YES. All of the yes.
Call me crazy but I'm all about this.  Met Gala done right.

Notice who’s NOT on my list? Beyonce. I’m sick to death of sheer. I’m tired of seeing women walking the red carpet nearly nude and acting like they’re doing something edgy and shocking. It’s been done. Move on. Wear something conservative and yet amazing and really shock people. Looking at you too, Jennifer Lopez.
And can we talk about how VERY similar Kim Kardashian’s dress is to Beyonce’s from last year? But it WOULD make sense seeing as Kanye picks her outfits and he clearly has a thing for Beyonce. And I would be seriously amiss if I didn’t mention Ms. SJP. This woman ALWAYS steps up and shows out at the Met and she does it FABULOUSLY.

I'll take that head dress in every color, please.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way with all the nude looking dresses.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bored with Beyonce and JLo. Bleh. I would love to have Bee's McQueen dress for myself!! What a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover