Friday, May 22, 2015

Weekend Brain Dump

Happy Friyay!!

First let me let you admire the cuteness that is Cooper.  Go ahead.  I'll wait:

-My son is four month old. Even after 18 weeks it still sounds weird to say “my son”.
Being a parent is so back and forth. Sometimes I feel like I have it all together and under control. Like Monday night I actually cooked dinner, gave CT a bath while the chicken baked, ATE dinner while holding him in one arm and watching Dancing with the Stars, cleaned up the kitchen, took my make-up off AND washed my face, and successfully got him to put himself to sleep around 9:45 and then laid in bed and read some of my book. When I turned the light out I thought “…this was a good day.”
Then sometimes I feel like I’m drowning and have no earthly idea what I’m doing and it would just be better to let my mother raise the poor baby because clearly HIS mother is an idiot.

-Speaking of mother, MY mother one night few weeks ago handed me $100 to buy ME some clothes. [I know. Best mom ever.] I have $50 left. It drives me nuts how when I go out with NO money I want EVERYTHING I see, but when I actually HAVE money allotted for clothes I can’t find anything I like enough to buy.

-I’m seriously seriously thinking about chopping my hair off. It’s getting thin and falling out everywhere (thank you, Cooper), and he loves to grab ahold of it. This is a HUGE deal for me. My hair is my security blanket but I want something easier and quicker. It has not been TOUCHED by a straightener in a few weeks just because it’s faster in the mornings to spritz some gel in it and go curly. I know it’s just hair and will grow back if I don’t like it but mine doesn’t grow very fast at all. Here’s what I’m thinking and I am THIS close:
Rose Byrne, short hair, hairstyle
Cutting my hair like her will make me LOOK like her, right?
-I’ve become addicted to Jigsaw World again. Oh dear.

-Cooper and I need something like this in our lives:
Man Cub, Mama Bear, Loved by Hannah and Eli, mother son matching
Loved by Hannah and Eli
-Lately I’ve been having a reoccurring dream. I’ve been dreaming about tornadoes. Or more specifically preparing for them. In each dream I know it’s coming and my family and I are getting ready and huddling in the storm shelter watching the news or listening to the radio. It’s a little TOO real and TOO similar to previous events. I’m just so thankful that spring tornado season is almost over. The weathermen keep talking about how it’s been so quiet this year and I’m thinking, “PLEASE shut up about it!”

-It’s Memorial Day weekend. There’s been a lot floating around facebook about it but in case you haven’t seen it and don’t know, Memorial Day is a day set aside to honor those who died in service to our country, NOT living veterans. It’s sweet that you might want to thank our veterans (because they deserve all of it) but don’t. I saw it worded perfectly in an article and I’ll paraphrase: “Memorial Day is a day we honor the fallen. Veterans Day is a day we honor those that made it home.” Let’s enjoy our long weekend and cookouts all the while remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Cooper is adorable. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby! He is so cute, I needed the full minute to admire his cute hat! Not having any children I can't really imagine what it's like but I feel like it's pretty normal to feel like you have no idea- and it sounds like you're getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Cooper is adorable

    2. I know exactly how you feel when it comes to shopping. No money = I want everything! Money = ugh, that's ugly. Very nice mom you have there. :)

    3. I feel similarly about my hair and I have recently thought I need a change. Not a cut, but a color. Like purple. Just think, if you don't like the new cut, you can wear cute bandanas, scarves, and hats.

    4. A student (20 years old) asked my mom the other day why we celebrate Memorial Day. If I were there I would have slapped her.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover