Friday, June 26, 2015

Letters To Me - Beach Bound!


 Dear Alyssa,
Getting brave aren’t we? You go, mama.
But could you slow down on the oatmeal raisin cookies?
Because good grief.
-The bikini you just bought

Mother,
Why have you forsaken me?
-Gus
PS. When you’re not looking I go in Cooper’s room
and rub ALL OVER his glider. So ha.

Alyssa,
Give it up, baby. I’m probably never going to work like I used to.
I guess this means you’ll never win that Nobel Peace Prize for astrophysics.
…or ever be able to remember anything again ever.
Sorry about that.
-Your Brain After Baby

Alyssa,
I swear, if you get ONE MORE cavity we’re going to abandon ship
and you’re going to wake up one morning a gummy, bloody mess.
Enjoy your dentures.
-Your Teeth

Dear Alyssa,
Hello, old friend! I’m so glad we’re getting reacquainted.
I was feeling super lonely there for a while. I figured I would have to
be put on the back burner for a time, but that’s ok! I’d wait forever for you.
We’re going to look great together on the balcony at the beach next week. ; )
-The Book You’ve Been Reading Since December.

The Book I’ve Been Reading Since December is right. We’re going to the beach next week! Cooper’s first beach trip and I’m so excited to get his little toes in the water. The whole gang is going (us, the parents, the sister, the boyfriend-in-law, and the grandparents) and I don’t know what I’m more excited about: the pool lounging, the food, or the extra hours of sleep. Probably the sleep. Yeah, definitely the sleep.
Happy Friday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover