Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Why My Vacation was Awesome


Hey, friends!
We took our first vacation with baby over the 4th of July. It was quite different! Different but very much the same. Days were spent lounging on the balcony and at the pool and nights were spent eating at our favorite tried and and true restaurants.

-We got Cooper in the sand and water for the first time! These are baby milestones and Chris and I were so excited to film them and get pictures. He liked the sand but wasn’t too sure about the waves. We don’t really hang out at the beach much so he only got in the sand once. The pool is more our thing. He LOVED the pool and being towed around in a little float I bought him.

-I didn’t get burned. Like at all. This is usually where I tell you I didn’t use enough sunscreen or stayed out too long and got burned here and there blah blah blah. Not this time, sucka! Sun – 384. Alyssa – 1.

-With so many people around holding Cooper, Mama got some time to sit on the balcony and read and actually finished the book I’ve been working on since December! Woohoo!!

-The weather was beautiful. The only day we saw rain was the day we left. Very appropriate.

I’m usually really depressed after vacation. Of course I didn’t want to leave. Life is so easy at the beach. But I didn’t mind coming back either. I don’t mind that I went back to work. I don’t mind that I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight. I actually feel really refreshed.
So we had a milestone!  Baby's first family vacation!  And it was every bit as wonderful as I imagined it would be.


And now that my beach vacation is gone fall can hurry up and make it’s way here!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. You know, I'm not much of a beach person, but these photos are amazing and it looks like you had a great time! Little Cooper looks adorable in the water. I'm glad you feel so good after your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooper is so adorable. That awesome the you didn't get a sun burn

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover