Monday, September 21, 2015

If I Had All The Time in the World

clock, necklace, clock necklace, close up, time,
Insta
I was in a conversation with some coworkers the other day about some professor or psychologist who says we all work too much and we should really only be working no more than thirty hours a week. Why this professor or psychologist believes this I have no idea. Clearly he or she has enough money to comfortably cut his or her hours dramatically. Alyssa doesn’t. Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly, and Cooper gotta eat $30 in formula every week. We won’t get into all the other reasons this wouldn’t work for most Americans.

Anyway.

In the conversation I said something sarcastic along the lines of “wouldn’t that be nice” and someone else asked, “but what would you do with all your free time?” My knee jerk response was “whatever the heck I wanted”. Then I really got to thinking about. What WOULD I do with a lot of extra time? Plenty! Let’s spend reality for a second and pretend Chris had a super awesome job where I didn’t have to work and we could still afford daycare for baby (because ain’t nothin’ getting done home alone with him). In that make believe universe I would:

-Learn French.
-Do yoga.
-Take walks with Cooper (before I took him to daycare).
-Read. A lot.
-Drive to Tuscaloosa just to have lunch with Kaylen.
-Become the best blogger in the world.
-Have a house cleaning schedule.
-Watch all the movies on my watch list.
-Make a bunch of cookies and just give them to people.
-Cook healthy meals.

A rosy picture, is it not?
Back to reality and it's Monday so Cooper is at daycare, I'm at work, and Chris at his work that doesn't pay him enough for me not to.

And on that note, have a super awesome week!
What would you do if you had all the time in the world?

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I would love to learn another langue as well.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I WISH I could work only thirty hours a week! I'm back to working two jobs, plus there's the household to take care of (and you know, you don't get paid to be a cook/maid/etc./all those hats you wear)...I think these people are obviously VERY well paid and comfortable, and not at all in touch with the average American life.

    I would spend so much time reading, but I'd also love to travel, learn a new language, spend a lot of time cooking, and just spend time with friends and family. It's said that we have to sacrifice some of the things we love in order to do other, basic things. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy... I would have a long list, very close to yours! I would add "read all the books" too! And travel... if only it was free...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover