Monday, November 16, 2015

The Girl in the Booties - Thoughts on Paris


Friday night we went to the comedy club for Chris's 29th birthday.  I didn't feel much like laughing.
I couldn't stop thinking about what was happening in Paris.  Around the time Chris and I left for the club, the Paris police were storming the concert hall in an attempt to save the hostages that were being executed one by one.  I sat at work and prayed earnestly for them to be saved, even though I knew it wasn't likely.

I was looking at photos from the sidewalks and saw all of the bodies covered in white sheets.  One photo in particular stood out to me.  In front of a restaurant there were several bodies lying side by side.  You could tell one was a woman from the heeled booties that were sticking out of the bottom of the sheet.  I could not stop thinking about her.  Who was she?  Where was she going?  Was she by herself or having dinner with a friend?  Did she have kids?  Who was going to miss her?  She was just a woman enjoying a random Friday night.  And then she was dead.  All through the show I thought about her.

While I was listening to news updates a thought occurred to me.  The world is changing.  I've always thought that if/when our civilization collapses and it descends into chaos it won't really matter to me because I won't be around for it.  But Cooper might.  That was a terrifying thought.  What happened in Paris Friday night seems like the beginning.  And it was the first time in my life I prayed for the Lord to come back soon.

Pray that our leaders make the tough decisions to keep us safe.  Pray that the right person for the job is elected a year from now (and the right person is NOT one who thinks that global warming is a bigger threat than ISIS, just FYI), because clearly the one we have is in denial beyond belief or completely stupid. This enemy is not one that can be "contained". They have to be eliminated. I was hesitant to even include the picture above, because the time for peace has passed. I'm very proud that our governor said he will not accept any refugees from Syria. THANK YOU, Governor Bentley for standing up to this insanity and trying to keep the people of Alabama safe. In the mean time be vigilant, because anyone that doesn't believe ISIS has its sights on US soil or is here NOW waiting to make their move is naive.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover