Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Thanksgiving Dish for the Non-Domestic Goddess

Corn casserole recipe, thanksgiving, easy recipe, cooking

If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time you already know: I can’t cook.
I have neither the talent or the burning desire to create masterpieces in the kitchen.  I WISH I liked to cook.  But I don’t.  Poor Chris.  I’ve tried to make myself cook more in the past but it didn’t last long.

So when my mother started asking everyone in our extended family what dish they’d like to bring to our Thanksgiving get-together she told me it was fine if I brought tea or rolls or paper towels.  That’s mildly insulting but I can’t really blame her.  Everyone who knows me already knows I can’t cook so it’s not like they’re expecting anything.  Nevertheless, this year in addition to my usual gallon of sweet tea I volunteered to bring a corn casserole.  It’s my kind of cooking: combine a bunch of ingredients and pop that bad boy in the oven.

If you're what I like to call a Non-Domestic Goddess like myself and need an easy dish to take to your family’s Thanksgiving meal and save yourself the indignity of supplying the paper products, it doesn’t get much easier than corn casserole:

Ingredients for a Double Recipe for thicker casserole:
-Two boxes of Jiffy yellow corn muffin mix
-Two cans cream corn
-Two cans kernel corn
-Two sticks melted butter
-16 oz. sour cream
Combine ALL ingredients into large bowl and, you guessed it, mix that stuff up.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Bake that bad boy for one hour at 350 degrees.

Ta da!  Corn casserole!  Tote that 9x13 beauty into grandmother’s house with pride.
Happy Thanksgiving!

post signature

1 comment:

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover