Thursday, January 14, 2016

Dear Cooper - Your First Birthday


Dear Cooper,

Happy Birthday, my beautiful boy!

I’m so excited to celebrate you and the fact that you’re a healthy, growing boy, but at the same time I’m sad because this special year is over. You’re looking more and more like a toddler and less and less like my little baby. I nearly cried when you cut your top teeth because I would miss that gummy, babyish smile so much. That smile lights up my life and one of my favorite times of the day is when I pick you up at Nanny and Poppie’s house and you see me walk through the door. That big grin greets me and you’re quick to give me a kiss (if I ask for it). My other favorite time of the day is when I’m getting you to sleep and I’m sitting on the bed with you cuddled up to my chest. Sometimes I just sit there with you long after you’re in a deep sleep and I could easily lie you down in your crib. I sit and listen to you breathe with your little hand resting on my shoulder. I know one day you’ll be a stinky teenager and you might not want to cuddle with Mom so I’ll take advantage as long as I can.

I’m not the only one who’s crazy about you. You are your daddy’s boy and you’re everything he always dreamed about. Never doubt that he adores you.

I can’t believe it was a whole year ago you came into our lives. But then again it feels like we’ve known you forever. You were our missing puzzle piece. Today we not only celebrate your birth, but we celebrate the day we became a family. We celebrate the day you completed us. You are so smart, and loving, and more beautiful than I ever dared to hope you would be. I love watching you grow.

Happy Birthday, son. I love you more than words.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to an incredibly adorable little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cooper!

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I just composed our Olivia's first birthday post today (2 months late, but hey...). Isn't it crazy to sit there and vividly remember their birth. I feel like we blink and it's over.

    Happy Birthday, Cooper!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover