Monday, February 22, 2016

That Time I Got An Email From An Oscar Winner

gold glitter, email, oscar winner,

Just in time for the Academy Awards here's a little tale for you.  I debated even writing this post simply because it's so ridiculous I figured no one would believe it.

A few years ago, I woke up to an email with the subject line: Oscar Dress.  The Academy Awards had aired a couple of days before and I did my usual post giving my opinions on the best and worst dressed.  This post actually.  The email was eventually deleted but it went something like this:

I don't like that you called me and my dress ugly.
It's very bad karma.

It was a bit longer but that was the gist of it.
I had to read it and then reread it a few times to understand what I was reading and who it was from.  It took me a few minutes to realize the name in the signature was one I recognized.  I had watched her win an Oscar a few days before.  I googled her email and contact information and from everything I found, it was legit.  I got an email from a woman who WON AN OSCAR telling me she didn't like that I said her dress was ugly.  I, Alyssa, got an email from an OSCAR WINNER saying she didn't like that I didn't like her dress.

Um...what?
I emailed her back and basically said:

I didn't call you ugly, I called your dress ugly.
Congrats on your Academy Award.

Again, it was a bit longer but that's the cliff note version.
What I wanted to say but didn't because I didn't want to pile on to my already apparently bad karma was, "You just won a freaking Oscar, why do you care that a girl in Alabama thought your dress was ugly, which it was BTW."

You're probably wondering WHICH Oscar winner I managed to piss off.  I'll let your figure it out and here's why.  I began to wonder how in the WORLD this woman found my little blog.  I googled her name and "Oscar dress" and sure enough my blog post was on the front page.  She googled what people thought of her dress.  If she googles herself again and discovers I still think her dress was ugly, heaven won't be able to save me from my karma.

See?  I told you it was ridiculous.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I'd really love to know who it was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is crazy. Crazy cool, crazy strange, crazy crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember that post! hahaha my god, that is kind of hilarious, strange and awesome all at once! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover