Friday, March 18, 2016

Currently


Happy Friday!  This week has been one of the slowest on record and I could not be happier that the weekend is almost here.  Anway.  Here's what's going on in Alyssa Land.

Thinking About: How there are quite a few ladies I know (in real life and bloggers) who were pregnant at the time same time I was and are pregnant again.  No.  Just no.  One and done baby.  One and done.

Watching:  We started watching 60 Days In on A&E this weekend.  It’s kind of terrifying.  If you haven’t heard about it, a sheriff’s department takes seven people with no criminal record and puts them in the big house for 60 days to live amongst the inmates and hopefully report back with where contraband is coming in and where the prison needs improvements.  I think I would do it, but I wouldn’t be cheap.  They would have to pay me no less $1,000 for every day I’m in.  And if you’re watching, let’s take bets on how many days until Robert gets shanked.  I say two.
We’re also watching The People vs. OJ Simpson.  We were hooked after one episode.  It’s riveting!  And we really like Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark. I was so little when it happened the only thing I remember is the Bronco chase so each episode is a genuine surprise!

Reading: I finished The Painted Veil Wednesday night.  I’m disappointed.  The only thing I knew about the story was from the trailer for the movie. While I’ve never seen the actual movie but the book seems very different.  It’s made up of mostly inner monologue and I found it pretty boring to be honest.  I guess they had to Hollywood it up to make it an exciting film.  Oh well.  I made a goal for myself to read at least one book a month and so far so good.  I ordered three more from Thriftbooks.com to have on hand and my next read will either be The Terror, Sharp Objects, or The Goldfinch (which looks to be about 1,000 pages long).

Liking: My clean house.  Saturday we moved the rest of Kaylen’s belongings from her apartment to her new house.  Kaylen hasn’t been living there since December and her roommate is…not the best housekeeper.  She is so not the best housekeeper she inspired me to deep clean the house Sunday.  That afternoon we sent Cooper to Mom’s, turned on some rock music and cleaned.  Like, REALLY cleaned.  A clean house makes me feel so much more relaxed.

Not Liking: This time change deal.  While I’m digging it still being daylight outside and getting to enjoy the sunset after work, I am NOT digging it being pitch black dark at 6:15 when I get up.  Not at all.  When it’s dark outside, I don’t care what time of day it is, my mind says “you should be asleep”.

Loving: the mild weather, my new sunglasses, Cooper walking with his hands raised above his head like he's praising Jesus, oatmeal creme pies, Instagram (always), online shopping for spring clothes, listening to episodes of Gangland on youtube.

Have a fantastic weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Clean house always to put you in a good mood.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment and LOVE talking to you. Make sure you're not the dreaded "no-reply blogger"! If I'm not personally replying to your comments you probably are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover